For the North Korea Post, see North Korean postal service.
|Government statutory agency|
|Industry||Logistics, distribution, finance|
|Founded||July 1, 2000|
|Headquarters||Sejong City, South Korea|
|Kim Junho (President of Korea Post)|
|Products||National/international mail delivery and special handling, third-party logistics, insurance, banking/postal savings|
|Revenue||2,333,583,000,000 KRW (2013)|
|Parent||Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning|
|Revised Romanization||Ujeong Sa-eob Bonbu|
|McCune–Reischauer||Ujŏng Saŏp Ponbu|
Korea Post is the national postal service of South Korea, under the authority of the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, formerly Ministry of Knowledge Economy until 2013. Korea Post is in charge of postal service, postal banking، and insurance services. Its headquarters is in the Sejong City.
Korea Post is charged with providing the following postal and financial services at post offices:
- Basic postal service (handling and delivering mail and parcels)
- Additional postal services (registered mail, customer pickup, P.O. Box, sales of local products by mail order and postal errand service)
- Postal savings, money orders and postal giro
- Postal insurance.
- Two divisions with four bureaus
- Affiliated agencies:
- Korea Post Officials Training Institute
- Korea Post Information Center
- Supply and Construction Office of Korea Post
- Regional Communications Offices in Seoul, Gyeongin, Busan, Chungcheong, Jeonnam, Gyeongbuk, Jeongbuk, Gangwon, Jeju
- 3,631 post offices
Korea Post invests in a wide variety of assets. In 2016, Korea Post invested in its first French property.
- ↑ "Korea Post Makes Inaugural Direct Property Investment in Paris". Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute. Retrieved 2016-10-23.
- Korea Post (Korean) (English)
- ePost (Korean)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Post of South Korea.|
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 10/24/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.