Kelly Oubre Jr.
Oubre dunking at 2014 McDonald's All-American Game
|No. 12 – Washington Wizards|
|Position||Small forward / Shooting guard|
December 9, 1995|
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||205 lb (93 kg)|
George Bush (Fort Bend, Texas)|
Findlay Prep (Henderson, Nevada)
|NBA draft||2015 / Round: 1 / Pick: 15th overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Hawks|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Kelly Paul Oubre Jr. (born December 9, 1995) is an American professional basketball player for the Washington Wizards of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the University of Kansas before being selected by the Atlanta Hawks with the 15th overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft.
Oubre was born in New Orleans, Louisiana but moved to Richmond, Texas after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Oubre attended George Bush High School in Fort Bend, Texas before transferring to Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nevada for his senior season.
In October 2013, Oubre committed to playing for the Kansas Jayhawks in 2014–15.
As a freshman at Kansas in 2014–15, Oubre was twice named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week and subsequently earned All-Newcomer Team honors. He also earned All-Big 12 Honorable Mention honors. In 36 games (27 starts) for the Jayhawks in 2014–15, Oubre averaged 9.3 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 21.0 minutes per game.
On April 1, 2015, Oubre declared for the NBA draft, forgoing his final three years of college eligibility.
Washington Wizards (2015–present)
On June 25, 2015, Oubre was selected by the Atlanta Hawks with the 15th overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft. His draft rights were then traded to the Washington Wizards in exchange for the draft rights to the 19th pick, Jerian Grant, and two second round draft picks. On July 9, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Wizards and joined the team for the Las Vegas Summer League, where he averaged 16.8 points and 5.7 rebounds in six games. On November 6, 2015, Oubre was fined $15,000 by the NBA for making an obscene gesture while on the sidelines during the Wizards' 102–99 win over the San Antonio Spurs two nights prior. Later that night, Oubre played his first significant minutes of his career, recording seven points, two rebounds and two assists in 14 minutes of action, as the Wizards were defeated by the Boston Celtics, 118–98. On December 16, he scored a season-high 18 points in a loss to the San Antonio Spurs.
In July 2016, Oubre re-joined the Wizards for the 2016 NBA Summer League. His efforts during the tournament earned him All-NBA Summer League Second Team honors. On November 28, 2016, he recorded his first career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds in a 101–95 overtime win over the Sacramento Kings.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Dodd, Rustin (October 8, 2013). "KU lands basketball recruit Kelly Oubre". Witchita Eagle. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- Lopez, Andrew (May 14, 2013). "Texas small forward and New Orleans native Kelly Oubre says LSU in his top 10". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- Roepken, Corey (July 2, 2013). "Fort Bend Bush hoopster Oubre heading to Nevada". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- Biancardi, Paul (October 10, 2013). "Kelly Oubre commits to Kansas". ESPN.com. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- Kuznia, Roger (October 8, 2013). "Kelly Oubre commits to Kansas after nixing Kentucky visit". Sporting News.
- "KU's Kelly Oubre named Big 12 newcomer of the week". The Topeka Capital-Journal. Topeka, Kansas: Morris Communications. January 19, 2015. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- Kelly Oubre Jr. - 2014-15 Men's Basketball
- Kelly Oubre Stats
- Kansas freshman Oubre declares for '15 NBA Draft
- "WIZARDS ACQUIRE KELLY OUBRE JR. IN 2015 NBA DRAFT". MonumentalNetwork.com. June 25, 2015. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- "John Wall says his fractured left wrist and hand are healed". WashingtonPost.com. July 15, 2015. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- Wizards’ Kelly Oubre, Jr. Fined $15K for NSFW Gesture
- Celtics end slide with dominating 118-98 win over Wizards
- Kelly Oubre Jr. 2015-16 Game Log
- "Wolves' Tyus Jones named 2016 Summer League MVP". NBA.com. July 18, 2016. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "Beal hits career-high 7 3s, Wizards beat Kings 101-95 in OT". NBA.com. November 28, 2016. Retrieved November 28, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kelly Oubre.|
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Kansas Jayhawks bio