Keihan Ishiyama Sakamoto Line
|Keihan Ishiyama Sakamoto Line|
An Ishiyamadera-bound train approaching Hamaōtsu Station
|Operator(s)||Keihan Electric Railway|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Keihan Ishiyama||京阪石山||0.9||1.6||Biwako Line|
|Keihan Zeze||京阪膳所||0.5||4.7||Biwako Line|
|Hamaōtsu||浜大津||0.7||6.7||Keihan Keishin Line|
The Hamaotsu - Miidera section opened in 1922 (dual track electrified), and in 1927 the company merged with a tourist boat operator to become the Biwako Railway & Steamship Co., which extended the line to Sakamoto the same year.
Keihan acquired the company in 1929 (and divested the steamship component immediately), connecting the line to its Keishin line in 1939.
The Awazu - Ishiyama section was duplicated in 1943, but in 1945 the Sakamoto - Shigasato section was returned to single track and the rails recycled for the Japanese war effort. The dual track was reinstated in 1947.
The voltage was increased to 1500 VDC in conjunction with the voltage upgrade on the Keishin line.
This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. pp. 253–254. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.