Job G. Oommen|
Vaikkom Muhammad Basheer|
M. T. Vasudevan Nair
Manoj K. Jayan
|Music by||M. Jayachandran|
|Cinematography||T. D. Sreenivasan|
|Edited by||V. T. Sreejith|
Visual Dreams Productions
B Positive Movie Creations
|Distributed by||Kuttamath Films & Release|
Kadhaveedu is a 2013 Indian Malayalam film written and directed by Sohanlal, based on three stories penned by Vaikkom Muhammad Basheer, Madhavikutty, and M. T. Vasudevan Nair. The film stars Kunchacko Boban in the lead role, with Biju Menon, Rituparna Sengupta, Bhama, Manoj K. Jayan, Lal, Mallika, and Kalabhavan Shajon.
- Kunchacko Boban as Raj Karthik
- Biju Menon as Balachandran
- Manoj K. Jayan as Ghadar
- Lal as Major Frederick Mukundan
- Rituparna Sengupta as Reeta
- Bhama as Jeena
- Mallika as Jameela
- Kalabhavan Shajon as Johny
The film is an anthology with adaptations of stories written by renowned Malayalam fiction writers Vaikkom Muhammad Basheer, Madhavikutty, and M. T. Vasudevan Nair. The stories have been tweaked to fit in a modern setting and the script has been conceived by the director himself. Bengali actress Rituparna Sengupta forayed into Malayalam cinema by playing an important role in the film. She was suggested for the role by director Priyadarshan with whom she had worked in the film Bumm Bumm Bole. "Director Sohanlal has been pursuing me for the role for a year now. But once I heard the role of Rita, I knew it had all the subtleties for a great performance. Plus, the script read more like poetry rather than a scene-by-scene film," says Rituparna. Actress Bhama plays the female lead in MT's script, opposite Kunchacko Boban. She plays the role of a scribe. Kadhaveedu is Sohanlal's second feature film.
- "Kaattile poomanam" (Shweta Mohan)
- "Marakkanullathu" (K.S.Chitra)
- "Aliveni Churulveni" (Madhu Balakrishnan, Mridula Warrier)
- "Sohanlal's 'Kadha Veedu' fast progressing in Trivandrum". Entecity.com. 17 February 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Rituparna Sengupta in 'Kadha Veedu'". Sify.com. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Parvathy S Nayar (11 May 2013). "Bhamaa dismisses criticism; continues courting glam roles". The Times of India. Indiatimes.com. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Kadhaveedu on the Mollywood screens : What is got the movie from opening". The Cine News. November 2013.
- Sanjith Sidhardhan (7 February 2013). "Rituparna Sengupta to enter Mollywood with Kadhaveedu". The Times of India. Indiatimes.com. Retrieved 28 May 2013.