In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1413. Until the end of World War II this village was also known as Gaidel. Many of the residents were ethnic Germans ( Catholic) and were displaced by the Russian invasion.
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Nitra, Slovakia"
- Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1785-1911 (parish A)