Julie Ward (politician)
|Member of the European Parliament |
for North West England
Assumed office |
22 May 2014
|Preceded by||Chris Davies|
7 March 1957|
Ripon, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||Newcastle University|
Before being elected as an MEP, Ward was part of an international delegation to Belfast to discuss the role of the arts in peace processes and ran a social enterprise.
She was third on the Labour Party list for the European Parliament in the 2014 elections to the European Parliament and was elected with Labour taking a third seat from the Lib Dems in the North West England region.
Committee and delegations memberships
- Member Committee on Culture and Education.
- Member Delegation for relations with Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo.
- Substitute Committee on Regional Development.
- Substitute Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality.
- Substitute Delegation to the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly.