John Merritt (public servant)
|Chief Executive Officer of VicRoads|
Assumed office |
5 May 2014
|Chief Executive Officer of the Environment Protection Authority Victoria|
1 February 2010 – 2 May 2014
John Merritt is a senior Australian public servant. He is currently Chief Executive Officer of VicRoads, having joined the organisation in May 2014.
Life and career
Merritt was appointed Chief Executive of the Victorian Environment Protection Authority in 2010. Then candidate for the Victorian electorate of Mount Waverly, Michael Gidley, called for Merritt to be sacked from his new appointment, saying that it would be impossible for Merritt to give the government independent advice due to his relationship with then Brumby Ministry member and Member for Mount Waverly Maxine Morand,
- Austin, Paul (14 January 2010). "The minister, her hot-shot husband and the race for a seat". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 2 August 2015.
- Brundrett, Ross (18 August 2012). "It takes two". Herald Sun. News Digital Media. p. 4.
- "Former WorkSafe Vic boss to head up EPA". HC Online. Key Media. 29 January 2010. Archived from the original on 2 August 2015.
- EPA Victoria, Chairman and CEO, Victorian Government, archived from the original on 14 February 2014
- Nader, Carol (17 April 2010). "Morand's progress". The Age. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 5 October 2014.
- VicRoads (16 April 2014). "New chief executive for VicRoads" (Press release). Victorian Government. Archived from the original on 2 August 2015.
- EPA Victoria (16 April 2014). "EPA CEO John Merritt moves to VicRoads" (Press release). Victorian Government. Archived from the original on 2 August 2015.
- "Merritt to take VicRoads leadership role". ATN. Bauer Trader Media. 17 April 2014. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
||Chief Executive Officer of the Environment Protection Authority Victoria
2010 – 2014
| Succeeded by|
|Chief Executive Officer of VicRoads