|The Right Honourable|
Sir John Megaw
16 September 1909
27 December 1997 88) (aged|
Notable judicial decisions of Lord Justice Megaw included:
- Ward v Tesco Stores Ltd
- Re Baden's Deed Trusts (No 2)
- Nettleship v Weston
- Maredelanto Compania Naviera SA v Bergbau-Handel GmbH
- Tenax Steamship Co v Owners of the Motor Vessel Brimnes
- Lawrence v Metropolitan Police Comr (in the Court of Appeal)
- Thornton v Shoe Lane Parking Ltd
- Bunge Corp v Tradax Export SA (in the Court of Appeal)
- Aluminium Industrie Vaassen BV v Romalpa Aluminium Ltd
John Megaw was also capped twice as an international rugby union player for Ireland in the 1930s, once 1934 against Wales and again in 1938 against England, both times playing at Number Eight. Ireland lost both tests.
- "R.t Hon. Sir John MEGAW, , PC, CBE, Lord Justice of Appeal". Kirkpatrick family archives. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "Sir Michael Kerr (obituary)". The Telegraph. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "John Megaw, Ireland". ESPN scrum. Retrieved 1 July 2015.