John Herbert, 8th Earl of Powis
John George Herbert, 8th Earl of Powis (born 19 May 1952), styled Viscount Clive between 1988 and 1993, is a British peer. He sat in the House of Lords between 1993 and 1999.
Herbert is the son of George William Herbert, 7th Earl of Powis and the Honourable Katharine Odeyne de Grey (daughter of Lt. Col. George de Grey, 8th Baron Walsingham). He married Marijke Sofia Guther, daughter of Maarten Nanne Guther and Woutertje Bouw, in 1977. They have four children:
- Jonathan Nicholas William Herbert, Viscount Clive (b. 1979).
- Lady Stephanie Moira Herbert (b. 1982).
- Lady Samantha Julie Esther Herbert (b. 1988).
- Hon. Alexander Herbert (b. 1994).
|Ancestors of John Herbert, 8th Earl of Powis|
- "Powis, Earl of (UK, 1804)". Cracroft's Peerage. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
George William Herbert
|Earl of Powis