John Eric Salvanera Gonzales|
August 7, 1992
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
|Other names||Kilig Cutie (Kilig is Tagalog word that roughly translates to "giddiness.")|
|Occupation||Musician, TV Personality, model|
Jeric Gonzales (born on August 7, 1992 in Calamba City, Laguna, Philippines) is a TV personality from Laguna in the Philippines. He is known as one of the winners of the second season of the reality show, Protégé, a reality based artista search, created by GMA Network.
Early life and career beginning
Jeric became David Pomeranz's opening act for the latter's concert in Manila. He joined the Ginoong Laguna 2012 and he was declared as the 2nd Runner Up. Alden Richards also joined the said contest in 2010 where he ended up as the winner.
Jeric auditioned online. He is a nursing graduate from Calamba Doctors' College in Parian who has temporarily set aside taking the board exams to pursue a showbiz dream. Born and raised in Barangay Halang Since Jeric's origin is from Southern Luzon, Gina Alajar, the Southern Luzon mentor, judged his audition piece and got a callback. Eventually, Jeric was chosen as one of the official protégés for that season and one of the four protégés of Gina Alajar.
Jeric was originally the protégé of Gina Alajar but due to a twist of the show, her mentor had to let go one of her protégés and mentor Gina chose Thea Tolentino to stay under her guidance. Mentor Jolina Magdangal chose Jeric as her new protégé.
Singing, like his fellow countrywoman from Laguna Thea Tolentino, is considered as Jeric's niché. Jeric sang most of the gala night but the most notable performance of his was when he sang "Mad World" by Tears for Fears. Three out of four judges chose Jeric as the best male protégé of the night.
At the end of the competition, Jeric was announced as the "Ultimate Male Protégé" by host, Dingdong Dantes. Jeric's female counterpart in winning the competition is Thea Tolentino, his fellow countrywoman from Calamba.
2012–present: post Protégé
Gonzales is became part of the defunct Sunday noontime variety show Party Pilipinas with the other top six finalists. Also after winning Protégé, Jeric was signed, with Thea Tolentino, to be part of Teen Gen, a sequel of the teen oriented show of the 1990s, T.G.I.S..
Gonzales also founded, in 2014, a musical trio which later named 3logy, his co-members include his Teen Gen co-star and best friend and "younger brother" Abel Estanislao and Jak Roberto. Their first song is the revival of Jolina Magdangal's hit Maybe It's You.
- Maybe It's You (3logy)
- Gusto Kita (3logy)
- Pwede Ba (3logy)
- Santiago, Erwin (October 21, 2012). "Jeric Gonzales and Thea Tolentino declared winners of Protege: The Battle For The Big Artista Break". Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- "Meet the Protégé male and female battle champs". Philstar.com. October 23, 2012.
- "Jeric, Thea win in 'Protégé'". Malaya Business Insight. October 23, 2012.
- Jo-Ann Q. Maglipon, Jocelyn Dimaculangan (August 5, 2012). "Protégé Season 2 Reveals Its Top 20". Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- Garcia, Rose (August 8, 2012). "GMA-7 reveals Top 10 male contenders of Protégé". Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- Nardo, Jun (August 9, 2012). "No plans to enter politics-- Dingdong". Journal Online.
- Introducing Jeric Gonzales, The Coco Martin Lookalike Among The Proteges
- "Sunday All Stars" launches Jeric Gonzales, Abel Estanislao and Jak Roberto as boyband ‘3logy’
- Jeric doesn’t mind being part of 3Logy
- Rula, Gorgy. "Jodi, malaki ang kontribusyon kay Jolo". Abante Tonite.