|Directed by||Karu Pazhaniappan|
|Written by||Sugunakumar K. E. (dialogues)|
Nishad K. Koya|
Jannal Oram (English: Window Side) is a 2013 Tamil comedy drama film directed by Karu Pazhaniappan A remake of the 2012 Malayalam film, Ordinary, it stars Parthiban, Vimal, Vidharth, Poorna and Manisha Yadav of Vazhakku Enn 18/9 fame. The story is set in Pannaikadu, a hillside village, with only one bus service to and from a nearby town. The film released on 29 November 2013.
- Parthiban as Bus driver Karuppu
- Vimal as Bus conductor Subbiah
- Vidharth as Samy
- Poorna as Teacher Nirmala David
- Manisha Yadav as Kalyani
- Ramana as Justin
- Rajesh as Vinayagam, Village Panchayat Chief (Annan Sir)
- Yuvarani as Subbiah's Mother
- Sanjay Bharathi as Siva
- Ilavarasu as Police Inspector
- Singampuli as Tiyagi Thillai
- Santhana Bharathi, Sr.Bus repair mechanic, TNSTC
- Bala Singh as Ex Village Panchayat Chief
- Monica (Guest role)
|Soundtrack album by Vidyasagar|
|Released||17 October 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Music is composed by Vidyasagar who composed the original film uniting with Karu Palaniappan for sixth time. Behindwoods called it "joyride". Milliblog wrote:"Karu Palaniappan’s record with Vidyasagar is fantastic but – disappointingly – only half-way through the soundtrack".
- Ennadi Ennadi Oviyame - Tippu (singer), Vishal
- Aasa Vecha Manasula - Tippu, Haricharan, Priya Himesh, Abhirami, Priyadarshini, Velmurugan
- Ele Malathoppu - Anuradha Sriram, Velmurugan
- Unnai Paarkama - Abhirami, Ceceille, Haricharan
- Athili Pathili - K. Lakshman, Aravind, Rishi, Haresh, Aishwarya, Aswitha
- Aatho Apatho - Bhoopalam Pragadeesh, Senthil
Lyrics were penned by Yugabharathi
- Indiaglitz wrote:"Jannal Oram' is an interesting journey, which turns a thriller in the second half. Stopping by to take note of most of the small emotions and gestures we miss in our everyday rush, the film is an interesting tale of a humble small town".
- Behindwoods wrote:"Palaniappan takes his own time to begin the actual film just before the interval and it is the post-interval block where all the drama happens and keeps you engaged fairly. The climax is also stretched more than necessary and when the suspense gets lengthened, it actually loses its purpose".
- Times of India wrote:"Overall, the film is competently put together and somewhat interesting but you cannot escape a lingering feeling that it should have been a little ambitious and much better".
- Sify wrote:"The major problem with Jannal Oram a scene-by-scene remake of the original is the over-the top performances by lead actors, especially Parthipan. The director should have known that the likes of Parthipan and Prakashraj are past their sell-by dates and can only add to unwanted irritations and nuisances. A very similar irritating Sathyaraj seems to have realised it about himself and has stopped irritating audiences".
- "Parthiban Kanavu director's next a remake". Times Of India. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Shoot for Jannal Oram begins with puja". Sify. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Nikhil Raghavan (2013-05-04). "Etc: Natural bonding". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- S. R. Ashok Kumar (2013-10-26). "Audio Beat: Jannal Oram - A fascinating journey". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "Jannal Oram aka Jannal Oram songs review". Behindwoods. 2013-10-17. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- Karthik (2013-10-18). "Jannal Oram (Music review), Tamil – Vidyasagar by Milliblog!". Itwofs.com. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "'Jannal Oram' Review Roundup: Vemal-Parthepan Film Gets Mixed Response - International Business Times". Ibtimes.co.in. 2013-12-01. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "Jannal Oram Tamil Movie Review". IndiaGlitz. 2013-11-30. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "Jannal Oram (aka) Jannal Oram review". Behindwoods. 2013-11-29. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "Jannal Oram movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer". The Times of India. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "Movie Review : Jannal Oram". Sify. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "Jannal Oram box office collection". Behindwoods. Retrieved 2013-12-12.