|Coat of arms||Sas|
with Barbara Krasicka
with Zofia Żółkiewska
Zofia Teofila Daniłowiczówna
Jan Daniłowicz na Olesku herbu Sas
Jan Daniłowicz (1570–1628) was a Polish nobleman, voivode of the Ruthenian Voivodeship and grandfather of King Jan III Sobieski.
He was voivode of the Ruthenian Voivodship since 1613, castellan of Lviv since 1612, Great Krajczy of the Crown since 1600, Great Podczaszy of the Crown, łowczy of Belz, starost of Belz, Busk, Korsuń and Chyhyryn. In his youth he fought with the Tatars. In 1594 he participated in the suppression of the Nalyvaiko Uprising.
With his first wife Barbara Krasicka he had two daughters:
- Katarzyna – wife of Andrzej Firlej
- Marcjanna – wife of Stefan Koniecpolski
In 1605 he married Zofia Żółkiewska the daughter of Great Hetman of the Crown Stanisław Żółkiewski and had four children:
- Zofia Teofila – mother of King of Poland Jan III Sobieski
- Stanisław (d. 1636) – killed by Tatars
- Jan (b. 1613, d. 1618)
- Dorota – Benedictine Abbess in Lwów since 1640
Coat of arms
Main gate of the Olesko Castle.
- (Polish) Kazimierz Lepszy, Jan Daniłowicz, w: Polski Słownik Biograficzny, Kraków 1938, t. IV, s. 414-415.
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 6/2/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.