Jacob's Ladder (disambiguation)
Jacob's Ladder is a staircase to heaven from a dream of Jacob described in the Old Testament.
Jacob's Ladder may also refer to:
- Jacob's Ladder, Brisbane in Queensland
- A set of steps up the side of Castle Hill, Queensland, Australia
- A set of stairs from Mounts Bay Road to Cliff St in Perth
- New Zealand
- A set of stairs and the associated Jacobs Ladder Bridge between Westhaven and Saint Marys Bay, in Auckland, New Zealand
- A set of 279 stairs in Saint Clair, in Dunedin, New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- A 223 step 'shortcut' to McCaig's Tower in Oban, Argyllshire.
- A set of stone steps down to the lowest bridge at the waterfalls at Devil's Bridge, Ceredigion, Wales
- Jacob's Ladder Beach, in Sidmouth, Devon, England
- A scenic path in Cheddar Gorge in Somerset, England
- A scenic path on Kinder Scout in Derbyshire, England
- A path on Wenlock Edge at Eaton-under-Heywood, Shropshire, England
- A set of 111 steps in Falmouth, Cornwall
- Overseas Territories
- A hillside stairway of 699 steps between Jamestown, Saint Helena (British territory in the South Atlantic Ocean) and Half Tree Hollow
- United States
- U.S. Route 20 as it crosses the Berkshire Hills between the towns of Chester and Lee in western Massachusetts
- A trestle on the Mount Washington Cog Railway, New Hampshire
- Grand Canyon, Bright Angel Trail, from South Rim to canyon bottom starts with a steep series of switchbacks of this name.
- "Jacob's Ladder" (Huey Lewis and the News song), a 1987 song written by Bruce Hornsby, initially recorded by Huey Lewis and the News, and subsequently also by Hornsby
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Rush, on the 1980 album Permanent Waves
- "Jacob's Ladder (Not in My Name)", a 2002 song by Chumbawamba
- "Jacob's Ladder", a 1984 song by The Monochrome Set
- "Jacob's Ladder" (Mark Wills song), a 1996 song by Mark Wills, on his self-titled debut album
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Converge, on the 2003 album Unloved and Weeded Out
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Patrick Wolf, on the 2005 album Wind in the Wires
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Fucked Up, on the 2006 album Hidden World
- "We Are Climbing Jacob's Ladder", a spiritual/gospel/folk song
- Die Jakobsleiter (early 1920s), an unfinished oratorio by Arnold Schoenberg
- "The Dream of Jacob", a 1974 orchestral work by Krzysztof Penderecki
- "Jacob's Ladder", a 2003 song by Dreadlock Pussy
- "Burning Jacob's Ladder", a song by Mark Lanegan, published in two versions in 2011 and 2012
- In Mega Man X8, a plan to build a space elevator between the Moon and Earth is called the "Jakob Project"
- In the game Alpha Protocol the first mission is called Operation Jacob's Ladder
- The game Dear Esther features a story leading to speculations whether this might be a reference to Jacob's Ladder
- In the game Starcraft, a multiplayer map with the same name, selected in 1998 as Blizzard's Map of the Week.
- In the Animal Crossing series, Jacob's Ladders appear as flowers in perfect towns. However, their appearance actually is of the Lily of the Valley.
- Jacob's Ladder (film), a 1990 thriller/horror film
- Jacob's Ladder, a 1998 novel by Donald McCaig
- Jacob's Ladder (novel), a 2005 novel by Brian Keaney
- Jacob's ladder (electricity), a device for producing high voltage traveling arcs, an electrical effect often employed in classic cinematic portrayals of scientific laboratories
- "Jacob's Ladder", a string figure pattern (children's game)
- Jacob's ladder (knife), a three-part pocket knife
- Jacob's ladder (manifold), a noncompact surface in mathematics
- Jacob's ladder (nautical), specialized ladders used at sea, especially a rope ladder with wooden steps for ascending from the deck to the rigging
- Jacob's Ladder (ropes course), a ladder made of eight logs of gradually increasing height
- Jacob's ladder (toy), a folk toy consisting of blocks on strings that, when held at one end, appear to cascade down the strings
- Ladder of Jacob, a pseudepigraphic text of the Old Testament
- "A Ladder to Heaven", a 2002 South Park episode
- Crepuscular rays shining down a hole in the clouds
- Polemonium, a genus of flowering plants, with common names "Jacob's Ladder" and "Abscess root"
- Colloquial name for the UK Beef cut of thin rib
- The Jacob's Ladder or Frenum piercing, a kind of male genital piercing