|City & Municipality|
|Coordinates: 39°24′00″N 47°01′34″E / 39.40000°N 47.02611°E|
De jure Azerbaijan |
De facto Nagorno-Karabakh
|Elevation||569 m (1,867 ft)|
|Time zone||AMT (UTC+4)|
|• Summer (DST)||AMT (UTC+5)|
Cəbrayil (also spelt Cäbrayil, Jabrayil, Jebrayil, Jebrail, Jabrail, Jäbrayyl, Jebraiele, Djebrail, Dzhebrail, Džebrail), Armenian: Jrakan, is a city currently administrated by ethnic Armenian forces from Nagorno-Karabakh since 25 August 1993, and now is part of Hadrut province of the unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. It was the capital of the Jabrayil Rayon of Azerbaijan.
Jrakan as it is known in Armenian was part of the Kingdom of Armenia and the Kingdom of Artsakh but was deliberately excluded from the Karabakh Autonomous Region in 1923, but then reunited with Nagorno Karabakh Republic during the National Liberation War. According to the Russian Empire Census in 1897 Cəbrayil was a village with a population of 520, of which 414 were Azerbaijanis, 76 were Russians, and others.
- Jamil Ahmadov — Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Teymur Guliyev — Chairman of the Council of People's Commissars (1937–1953) and the Council of Ministers of Azerbaijan SSR (1953–1954).
- Ramil Safarov — Azerbaijani officer.
- Robert H. Hewsen, Armenia: A Historical Atlas. The University of Chicago Press, 2001, pp. 40, 101-102, 264-265.
- Первая всеобщая перепись населения Российской Империи, 1897 г. т.63 Елисаветопольская губерния. Н.А.Тройницкий, С.-Петербург, 1904. стр. 138
- "Ахмедов Джамил Мамед оглы". Heroes of the country.
- "Кулиев Теймур Имам Кули оглы". Справочник по истории Коммунистической партии и Советского Союза 1898 - 1991.