Instituto Nacional de Meteorología e Hidrología (Ecuador)
The Instituto Nacional Meteorologia e Hidrologia (INAMHI) is the national meteorological agency of Ecuador.
INAMHI's functions are:
- Planning, directing and overseeing meteorological and hydrological activities in the country, in coordination with other institutions and agencies;
- Developing systems and rules governing the programs of meteorology and hydrology in accordance with national needs;
- Establishing, operating and maintaining the infrastructure necessary for a basic hydrometeorological compliance program;
- Obtaining, collecting, examining, processing, publishing and disseminating data, information and forecasts necessary for the detailed and comprehensive knowledge of weather, climate and hydrological characteristics of the whole of maritime and continental Ecuador;
- Conducting studies and researching hydrometeorological requests for state agencies or individuals;
- Educating and training staff to technical and professional expertise in the fields of meteorology and hydrology, and
- Promoting scientific research in meteorology and hydrology.
- World Meteorological Service list of members
- A. Laraque, J. Ronchail, G. Cochonneau, R. Pombosa, and J.L. Guyot. "Heterogeneous Distribution of Rainfall and Discharge Regimes in the Ecuadorian Amazon Basin." (Dec. 2007). Journal of Hydrometeorology. Vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1364-1381.