St. Nicholas' church, Ingrave
Ingrave shown within Essex
|OS grid reference||TQ623919|
|Civil parish||Herongate and Ingrave|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
|UK Parliament||Brentwood and Ongar|
Ingrave is a village in the borough of Brentwood in Essex, England. It is situated on and around the A128 road, 2 miles (3.2 km) southeast of the town of Brentwood. Together with the adjoining village of Herongate, it forms the Herongate and Ingrave civil parish.
Name and history
Ingrave's name is derived from that of the original manor in this area, "Ging-Ralph" or "Ralph’s-ing". The manor was originally owned by the Mordaunt family but was acquired by the Petre family in 1573. The Petres built Thorndon Hall (now luxury apartments) on the site in 1770.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ingrave.|