Immaculate Conception Church (Rochester, New York)
Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church Complex
|Location||445 Frederick Douglass St. and 187 and 205 Edinburgh St., Rochester, New York|
|Coordinates||43°8′47″N 77°37′4″W / 43.14639°N 77.61778°WCoordinates: 43°8′47″N 77°37′4″W / 43.14639°N 77.61778°W|
|Area||2.3 acres (0.93 ha)|
|Architect||Frey, Frank; Gordon & Madden|
|Architectural style||Second Empire, Italianate, Romanesque|
|NRHP Reference #||92000381|
|Added to NRHP||March 31, 1992|
Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church Complex is a historic Roman Catholic church complex located at Rochester in Monroe County, New York. The complex consists of five buildings: the church (1864), former rectory (1871), the former parochial school (1926), the currect rectory (ca. 1900), and garage (ca. 1926).
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.
- Entrance and steeple
- South side
- Old rectory, front view
- Old rectory, side view
- Parochial school, east view
- Parochial school, south view
Notable past students
- Mary E. Clarke, past student of the former parochial school - was a director of the Women's Army Corps and the first woman to attain the rank of major general in the United States Army.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Robert T. Englert (February 2002). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church Complex". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2009-10-01. See also: "Accompanying 14 photos".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Immaculate Conception Church (Rochester, New York).|