A view from Lauttakylä, central Huittinen
Location of Huittinen in Finland
|Coordinates: 61°10.5′N 022°42′E / 61.1750°N 22.700°ECoordinates: 61°10.5′N 022°42′E / 61.1750°N 22.700°E|
|• Town manager||Jyrki Peltomaa|
|• Total||539.59 km2 (208.34 sq mi)|
|• Land||532.62 km2 (205.65 sq mi)|
|• Water||6.97 km2 (2.69 sq mi)|
|Area rank||216th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||96th largest in Finland|
|• Density||19.65/km2 (50.9/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.1% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||15.2%|
|• 15 to 64||63%|
|• 65 or older||21.8%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
It is located in the Satakunta region. The town has a population of 10,465 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 539.59 square kilometres (208.34 sq mi) of which 6.97 km2 (2.69 sq mi) is water. The population density is 19.65 inhabitants per square kilometre (50.9/sq mi).
The town is unilingually Finnish.
Risto Ryti, the president of Finland in 1940–44, was born in Huittinen in 1889.
Municipality of Vampula was consolidated with Huittinen on 1 January 2009.
Results of the Finnish parliamentary election, 2011 in Huittinen:
- True Finns 29.7%
- Centre Party 24.1%
- National Coalition Party 18.1%
- Social Democratic Party 13.9%
- Left Alliance 7.2%
- Green League 3.4%
- Christian Democrats 3.1%
Twin towns — Sister cities
Huittinen is twinned with:
- Keila, Estonia
- Odda, Norway
- Stenungsund, Sweden
- Frederiksværk, Denmark
- Hoyerswerda, Germany
- Adendorf, Germany
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Huittinen at Wikimedia Commons
- Town of Huittinen – Official website