Horrible Histories: Horrible Christmas
Horrible Histories: Horrible Christmas is a 2013 stage show which is part of the Horrible Histories franchise. It is one of the "Live on Stage" theatre shows produced by the Birmingham Stage Company. It premiered at Derby Theatre.
The show was based on Crackers Christmas but was rewritten by Terry Deary for its Derby premiere. Crackers Christmas, based on Terry's Horrible Christmas book ran at the Sherman in December 2000. In 2002 Terry revived the play in a version for Barrow-in-Furness. Terry starred in that production himself.
Burton Mail said: "Fans of the series might suggest that this isn’t as ‘Horrible’ as we might expect - the grisly details of historical times are perhaps kept in check by the needs of a Christmas show - and the story that links the period sketches is a little tedious, if you are aged over eight. But there are some inspired bits of comedy - you will love the deadly dull puritans and their miserable song - and lots of audience participation a la panto".
- "The Birmingham Stage Company". Birminghamstage.com. Retrieved 2014-08-18.
- "Review: Horrible Histories Horrible Christmas at Derby Theatre | Derby Telegraph". derbytelegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "An interview with Horrible Histories author Terry Deary - Home - Derbyshire". derbyshirelife.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Review: Horrible Histories, Derby Theatre | Burton Mail | Whats-On | Theatre". burtonmail.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "The Stage / Reviews / Horrible Christmas". thestage.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-01-31.