Holy Trinity Cathedral, Blaj
|Holy Trinity Cathedral|
(Romanian: Catedrala Sfânta Treime)
Holy Trinity Cathedral in Blaj.
|Geographic coordinates||46°10′25″N 23°55′23″E / 46.17361°N 23.92306°E|
|Affiliation||Romanian Greek Catholic|
|Ecclesiastical or organizational status||Major cathedral|
Anton Erhard Martinelli|
Johann Baptist Martinelli
|Construction cost||61,000 Austrian florins|
The Holy Trinity Cathedral (Romanian: Catedrala Sfânta Treime) in Blaj, Romania is a Romanian Greek Catholic cathedral commissioned by bishop Inocențiu Micu-Klein in 1738. The church was built by Viennese architects Anton Erhard Martinelli and Johann Baptist Martinelli, being completed in 1749.
The building was extended in 1838, when the two monumental towers were added.
- Orth, Samuel Peter (1910-01-01). Biographical. S.J. Clarke Publishing Company.
- "The Holy Trinity Cathedral, Blaj, Romguide tourism Romania". www.romguide.net. Retrieved 2016-06-22.
- Ogden, Alan (2000-01-01). Romania revisited: on the trail of English travellers 1602-1941. Center for Romanian Studies.
- Porumb, Marius. "Catedrala Sfânta Treime din Blaj la 1751". Acta Musei (in Romanian). Cluj-Napoca. 32: 353–57.