St Augustine's High School, Edinburgh
|Deputy Headteacher||C Chrystal, LA Baird, S Murray|
|Diocese||St Andrews and Edinburgh|
St. Augustine’s RC High School was founded in August 1969. It was created on the Comprehensive School model by the merger of two existing Catholic schools: Holy Cross Academy, a selective secondary school which was established in 1907, and the non-selective St Andrew’s Junior Secondary, which opened in 1962. St Augustine’s moved to its present site serving the whole of the west of the city in August 1969.
The new school is named after St Augustine of Hippo.
St Augustine's moved onto a shared campus with Forrester High School in January 2010. The new building is situated on the former football pitches of the school. The new building is split into two halves. On the side closest to Saughton Park is Forrester High School. On the opposite side is St Augustine's with the only shared area being the swimming pool. This is shared on a Rota basis and the students are never taught in the same area at the same time.
The new high school has three house systems - St. Andrew’s House, St. David’s House and St. Margaret’s House. Previously in the old school there were more houses that included Beade, John, Dundas, Magnus and Ninian.
Notable former pupils
- Alison Johnstone, Green MSP for Lothian region
- His Eminence Gordon Cardinal Gray, who served as Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh from 1951 to 1985
- His Eminence Keith Cardinal O'Brien, who served as Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh from 1985 to 2013
- Lord Pentland, former Solicitor General for Scotland, now a Senator of the College of Justice
- Stuart John Wood, rhythm and bass guitarist and member of the 1970s band, the Bay City Rollers.
- "Remembering 100 years of Holy Cross". The Scotsman. 5 September 2007.