|Coordinates: UA 49°49′24″N 24°31′00″E / 49.82333°N 24.51667°E|
|• Total||5.45 km2 (2.10 sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
In 1340, together with whole Red Ruthenia, Hlyniany became part of the Kingdom of Poland, where it remained until 1772 (see Partitions of Poland). The village, called Gliniany, belonged to Lwow Land of the Ruthenian Voivodeship. It received a town charter in 1397, from Voivode of Sandomierz and Starosta of Red Ruthenia, Jan z Tarnowa. In 1425, King Wladyslaw Jagiello confirmed Gliniany’s charter. In summer 1537, it was one of centers of the so-called Chicken War.
In 1772 Gliniany became part of Austria’s province of Galicia, in the Bezirkshauptmannshaft (District) of Przemyslany where it remained until late 1918. In the interbellum period, it belonged to the Second Polish Republic, as part of Przemyslany County, Tarnopol Voivodeship.
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.