This article is about the town in the district of Roth. For the town in the district of Forchheim, see Hiltpoltstein
Hilpoltstein is a town in the district of Roth, in Bavaria, Germany. It is situated 10 km southeast of Roth bei Nürnberg and 30 km south of Nuremberg, close to the lake 'Rothsee.
Former residence and Saint John the Baptist church
- Origins of the castle and the town date back to the 10th century.
- Town privileges were granted in 1354.
- 1799 Hilpoltstein becomes part of Bavaria
- Rathaus (Town Hall)
- Accessible Tower of the Remains of the early medieval Castle
- Remains of The Town Wall
- Stadtpfarrkirche St. Johannes (Town's Parish Church)
- Jahrsdorfer House
- Guest House 'Schwarzes Ross' with historic Brewery and museum on handcrafts and town history
- Spring Concert of the town's brass band (April)
- Medieval festival with knights tournament (May)
- Challenge Roth: Worlds largest ultra-distance triathlon (July)
- Burgfest - Popular folk fair with medieval pageant, flea market in the old town, beer tent, fireworks (1st weekend of August)
- Kite festival (last weekend of September)
- Christmas Market (1st weekend of the Advent)