Highways Department (Chinese: 路政署) is a department of the Hong Kong Government responsible for developing Hong Kong's road and railway network as well as road maintenance.
The department is under the Civil Engineering Department and became an independent department on 1 June 1986 due to the increasingly complex road network in Hong Kong.
- Harold Campbell Beaton (1986–1989)
- Kwei See Kan (1989–1993)
- Kwong Hon Sang (1993–1996)
- Leung Kwok Sun (1996–2000)
- Lo Yiu Ching (2000–2002)
- Mak Chai Kwong (2002–2006)
- Wai Chi Sing (2006–2010)
- Peter Lau Ka Keung (2010–present)
- ↑ A former department of Civil Engineering and Development Department
- ↑ Organization
- 1 2 "Senior appointments". Information and news. Civil Service Bureau, Hong Kong Government. 27 August 2010. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Ho, Pui-yin (2008). Ways to Urbanisation: Post-War Road Development in Hong Kong. Aberdeen, Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press.