Henry VI, Count of Luxembourg
|Count of Luxemburg, Durbuy, Laroche and Arlon|
|Count of Luxemburg and Arlon|
|Reign||24 December 1281 – 5 June 1288|
5 June 1288 (aged 48)|
Henry VII, Holy Roman Emperor|
Walram, Seigneur de Dourlers, de Thirimont et de Consorre
Margaret, Prioress of Marienthal
Felicitas, Lady of Gaesbeck
Baldwin, Archbishop Elector of Trier
|Father||Henry V, Count of Luxembourg|
|Mother||Margaret of Bar|
Henry VI (c. 1240 – 5 June 1288) was count of Luxembourg and Arlon from the death of his father, Henry V the Blond in 1281 until his own death at the battle of Worringen, seven years later, when he was succeeded by his son, Henry VII.
Henry was the son of Henry V the Blond and Margaret of Bar. His father took part in Saint Louis's crusade against Tunis and he continued this war, being killed alongside three of his brothers at the Battle of Worringen by a knight of John I, Duke of Brabant.
Henry married Beatrice d'Avesnes (d. 1 March 1321, daughter of Baldwin and granddaughter of Bouchard IV of Avesnes) around 1260–1 and they had three sons, two of whom attained the highest honours and excellence:
- Henry, who would become King of the Romans in 1308 and Holy Roman Emperor (as Henry VII) in 1309, being crowned as such by Pope Clement V in 1312,
- Walram, Seigneur de Dourlers, de Thirimont et de Consorre, died at the siege of Brescia in 1311,
- Margaret, Prioress of Marienthal,
- Felicitas, Lady of Gaesbeck, and
- Baldwin, afterwards Archbishop-Elector of Trier.
|Ancestors of Henry VI, Count of Luxembourg|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Henry VI of Luxembourg.|
- Lundy, Darryl. "Henri VI, Comte de Luxembourg". The Peerage., thePeerage.com
- Lundy, Darryl. "Beatrix d'Avesnes". The Peerage., thePeerage.com
- Lundy, Darryl. "Baudoin d'Avesnes". The Peerage., thePeerage.com
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Herbermann, Charles, ed. (1913). "article name needed". Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton.
Henry VI, Count of LuxembourgBorn: c. 1240 Died: 5 June 1288
|Count of Luxembourg and Arlon
| Succeeded by|