Henry M. Fox
|Henry M. Fox|
Medal of Honor recipient
November 15, 1844|
Trumbull, Ashtabula County, Ohio
March 3, 1923 78) (aged|
Mottville, St. Joseph County, Michigan
|Place of burial||Mottville Township Cemetery|
United States Army|
|Years of service||1862 - 1865|
|Unit||5th Michigan Cavalry|
|Battles/wars||American Civil War|
|Awards||Medal of Honor|
Medal of Honor
Rank and organization: Sergeant, Company M, 5th Michigan Cavalry.
Place and date: At Winchester, Va., 19 September 1864.
Entered service at: Coldwater, Mich.
Born: 1844, Trumbull, Ohio.
Date of issue: 27 September 1864.
Sgt. Fox was one of two members of the 5th Michigan Cavalry to receive the Medal of Honor for this action. The other was Corporal Gabriel Cole.
- This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Army Center of Military History.
- Silliman, Sue (1920). Michigan Military Records: The D.A.R. Of Michigan Historical Collections: Records of the Revolutionary Soldiers Buried In Michigan; The Pensioners of Territorial Michigan; and the Soldiers of Michigan Award the "Medal of Honor". Google Books: Michigan Historical Commission. p. 190. Retrieved December 4, 2009.
- "Henry M. Fox". Claim to Fame: Medal of Honor recipients. Find a Grave. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- "Civil War (A-L); Fox, Henry M. entry". Medal of Honor recipients. United States Army Center of Military History. August 3, 2009. Retrieved January 6, 2010.
- "Home of Heroes (Henry M. Fox)". Retrieved September 29, 2010.