Henry Cubitt, 4th Baron Ashcombe
|The Lord Ashcombe|
1. Ghislaine Alexander (née Dresselhuys)|
2. Hon. Virginia Carington
3. Mary Elizabeth Dent-Brocklehurst (née Chipps)
|Father||Roland Cubitt, 3rd Baron Ashcombe|
|Mother||Sonia Rosemary Keppel|
|Born||31 March 1924|
|Died||4 December 2013 (aged 89)|
Henry Edward Cubitt, 4th Baron Ashcombe (31 March 1924 – 4 December 2013), was a British peer. He was the son of Roland Cubitt, 3rd Baron Ashcombe, and Sonia Rosemary Keppel, and the uncle and godfather of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
Education and career
Educated at Eton College, he served in the Royal Air Force during the Second World War. After the War he became chairman of Holland, Hannen & Cubitts, the family construction firm. He was the London-based Consul-General for Monaco from 1961 to 1968.
- Ghislaine (née Dresselhuys) Countess of Caledon (ex-wife of Denis Alexander, 6th Earl of Caledon) was married to Lord Ashcombe from 1955 to 1968. In 1972, she married Adrian Foley, 8th Baron Foley.
- Hon. Virginia Carington (daughter of Peter Carington, 6th Baron Carrington) was married to Lord Ashcombe from 1973 to 1979. She is now a special aide to the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
- Mary Elizabeth Chipps, the mother of two children from her previous marriage to the late Mark Dent-Brocklehurst, married Lord Ashcombe in 1979 at Sudeley Castle, which Lady Ashcombe partially owns with her children. The medieval fortress, situated in the Cotswolds, is the home of Lady Ashcombe.
Lord Ashcombe's first cousin once removed, Mark Cubitt, born in 1964, is now the 5th Baron Ashcombe.
Styles of address
- 1924–1947: Mr Henry Cubitt
- 1947–1962: The Honourable Henry Cubitt
- 1962–2013: The Right Honourable The Lord Ashcombe
- "Obituary: Lord Ashcome". The Telegraph. 25 December 2013. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- The Peerage: Henry Edward Cubitt, 4th Baron Ashcombe
- "More help for Charles and Camilla," The BBC, 23 November 2005
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
| Succeeded by|