Henri, Count of Brionne
|Count of Brionne|
Anonymous engraving of Brionne
|Born||15 November 1661|
3 April 1713 51) (aged|
|Spouse||Marie Madeline d'Epinay|
Louis, Prince of Lambesc|
Mademoiselle de Brionne
|House||House of Lorraine|
|Father||Louis de Lorraine, Count of Armagnac|
|Mother||Catherine de Neufville|
Born to Louis de Lorraine, Count of Armagnac, and his wife Catherine de Neufville, he was the couple's first child.
His father Louis, was the Grand Squire of France, one of the Great Officers of the Crown of France. The position was roughly equivalent to the United Kingdom positions of Master of the Horse and the Crown Equerry.
At Louis' death, the post, as well as style of Monsieur le Grand was taken by Henri's youngest brother, Charles of Lorraine, Count of Armagnac (at Charles' death, it was given to Louis' grandson, the Prince of Lambesc).
Henri's mother was Catherine de Neufville, youngest child of the Maréchal de Villeroy, governor of the young Louis XIV. Henri's first cousin was François de Neufville, Duke de Villeroy and the future governor of Louis XV.
On 23 December 1689, Henri married Marie Madeleine d'Épinay and had two children, the future Prince of Lambesc and a daughter styled Mademoiselle de Brionne. Only the former married. His great-granddaughter Joséphine of Lorraine, "Princess of Carignan" was the grand mother of King Charles Albert of Sardinia thus an ancestor of the present House of Savoy and thus the p[pretender to the modern Italian throne.
He had an illegitimate child by an unknown mistress, Mademoiselle Pothenot; the child was called bâtard de Brionne and styled as "le Chevalier d'Orgon".
- Louis de Lorraine, Prince de Lambesc (13 February 1692–9 September 1743) married Jeanne de Durfort (grand daughter of Jacques de Durfort) and had issue;
- Marie Louise of Lorraine, Mademoiselle de Brionne (24 October 1693–18 October 1724) died unmarried.
|Ancestors of Henri, Count of Brionne|
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 15 November 1661 – 3 April 1713 the Count of Brionne
References and notes
- van de Pas, Leo. "Henri de Lorraine, Count of Brionne". Genealogics .org. Retrieved 2010-03-01.
- Marie Madeleine died on 12 December 1714