Heddal Open Air Museum
Heddal Open Air Museum is located near the historic Heddal stave church. Heddal Museum has various buildings representative of the history of local farming dating from the Middle Ages and up to the 1930s. Fyrileivstugu, a living room interior dating from 1932, was transferred to Heddal Museum in 1990. It was the work of noted wood carver and rosemaling artist, Olav Fyrileiv (1875-1975) who was a Telemark native.
In 2010, Norwegian Industrial Workers Museum, which is located nearby at Rjukan in Tinn, took over operational management of Heddal Open Air Museum. Heddal and Notodden Museum Society (Heddal og Notodden museumslag) retained ownership of the buildings and collections.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Heddal bygdetun.|
- Heddal bygdetun (Olavsrosa)
- Landsverk, Halvard (1965) Treskjeraren Olav Fyrileiv, (Skien. Årbok for Telemark 1965, s. 19-27)
- Heddal Open Air Museum (Heddal og Notodden museumslag)
- "Exhibition and Heddal out-door museum". Heddal Stavkyrkje. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "Heddal Village". Museum Aust. Retrieved 15 August 2013.