|First Lady of Turkey|
August 28, 2007 – August 28, 2014
|Preceded by||Semra Sezer|
|Succeeded by||Emine Erdoğan|
August 18, 1964
|Spouse(s)||Abdullah Gül (m. 1980)|
|Children||Ahmed Münir, Mehmed Emre and Kübra|
First lady of Turkey
After seven years, on August 28, 2014, she left her office as first lady when Recep Tayyip Erdoğan became president. Afterward, she publicly responded to criticism in regards to her husband, saying she would start a "real intifada."
- "T.C. Cumhurbaşkanlığı : Hayrunnisa Gül". Tccb.gov.tr. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- Archived October 8, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "TURKEY - Turkish president backs first lady on headscarf comments". Hurriyetdailynews.com. 2010-11-09. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "Former Turkish first lady urges progress through education - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East". Al-Monitor. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "Outgoing first lady breaks silence on criticism, promises 'intifada'". TodaysZaman. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "Hayrünnisa Gül: The next first lady". Today's Zaman. Retrieved 2008-05-14.