|Born||Ammathi, Kodagu district, Karnataka, India|
Harshika Poonacha is an Indian actress. She mainly appears in Kannada language films and has also worked in Telugu, Kodava, Konkani and Tulu language films. She made her acting debut in 2008, for the film PUC.
Harshika Poonacha was born in Ammathi, a small village in Kodagu district of Karnataka as the only daughter to her parents. She acted in her first film PUC when she was 18 years old and doing her PUC at Christ College. In 2007, she finished her pre-university course. Poonacha spent the next two months working as a television show anchor, before beginning a professional course. She anchored programs like Nimmindha Nimagaagi, Hrudayadinda and the Sarigamapa television reality show. She joined Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore's electronic engineering course and completed her BTech degree in 2011. During the time, she took a two-month break from her shooting assignments to attend her classes, complete assignments and prepare for exams. In 2012 she joined 'Maxpro' Software Company and agreed to work for five days in a month while working 21 days in films. She said: "Getting into films was an accident. I never dreamt of becoming an actress".
After PUC, she acted in a Kodava film Ponnamma, a Konkani film Kazar and a Telugu film Edukondalavada Venkataramana Andaru Bagundali. In 2010, Harshika acted in an important role in Jackie, which catapulted her to an instant celebrity status. She later appeared in Thamassu with Shivrajkumar for which she won the Karnataka State Film Award for Best Supporting Actress, and played Ramya in Nariya Seere Kadha, in which Ravichandran played the lead role. She also acted in a film named Cycle opposite Shivarjun. She played the daughter of a crorepati who gets kidnapped for ransom in the comedy film 5 Idiots. In 2013, she first had two releases in a row, Cycle and Ale and her third release Managana Kaili Maanikya opposite Ramesh Aravind, which was her first comedy film, in July. Her two films, B3 a love story directed by Gana Shyam with Srikanth and Adwaitha an action-based film directed by MB Giriraj which has Ajai Rao in the lead, released both on 6 December.
|2009||Edukondalavada Venkataramana Andaru Bagundali||Telugu|
|2010||Thamassu||Amreen Sabha||Kannada||Karnataka State Film Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2010||Jackie||Yashodha||Kannada|| Suvarna Award for Best Supporting Actress|
Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Kannada
|2010||Naariya Seere Kadda||Ramya||Kannada|
|2011||Murali Meets Meera||Shwetha||Kannada|
|2013||Mangana Kaili Maanikya||Kannada|
|2013||Case No. 18/9||Kannada||Special appearance|
- Kavya Balaraman. ‘I’m not a party girl’. Deccan Herald.
- "Kodagu lass Harshika to debut in Kannada movie". kodagucommunity.com. 5 October 2008. Archived from the original on 23 September 2009.
- Y Maheswara Reddy (20 June 2011). "Actor's juniors did her homework".
- Y Maheswara Reddy (16 July 2010) 'I want to act with all actors'. newindianexpress.com
- Harshika in video album - Kannada Movie News. Indiaglitz.com (20 February 2012). Retrieved on 2015-04-19.
- 'I want the groom to be from Coorg'. The New Indian Express. 30 June 2010.
- Harshika happy! - Kannada Movie News. Indiaglitz.com (18 April 2012). Retrieved on 2015-04-19.
- Y Maheswara Reddy (20 May 2010) The rich girls of Sandalwood . newindianexpress.com
- ‘Ponnamma’ to be shot in 25 days. The Hindu (23 November 2008). Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Mangalore Konkani Movie Kazar to Hit Screens on Sep 9. Daijiworld.com. 22 May 2009.
- Film on problems of farmers. The New Indian Express. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Y Maheswara Reddy (26 June 2011) Harshika strikes a fine balance. The New Indian Express. Retrieved on 19 April 2015.
- I am comfortable doing Lovemaking scenes: Harshika Poonacha – The Times of India. The Times of India. (2 November 2013). Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Y Maheswara Reddy (27 November 2010). "A shoddy screenplay".
- Y Maheswara Reddy (2 March 2011). "Love is in the air".
- Ayswarya Murthy (23 January 2013) Ale & hearty start for the star. Deccan Chronicle.
- Only work matters: Harshika Poonacha. The New Indian Express (23 July 2013). Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Double dhamaka for Harshika Poonacha – The Times of India. The Times of India. (27 November 2013). Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Rajani Hegde (18 May 2010). "I want to portray difficult roles".
- "Harshika signs another Tamil film". indiaglitz.com. 25 May 2011.
- Harshika Poonacha's Panipuri moment – The Times of India. The Times of India. (5 December 2013). Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Marayade shoot in final stages – The Times of India. The Times of India. (19 August 2013). Retrieved 19 April 2015.