Beecher depicted on one of the first football card's
|Career highlights and awards|
Henry Ward "Harry" Beecher was a college football player and sportswriter.
Beecher was the nephew of Harriett Beecher Stowe.
He accounted for 33 touchdowns in 1886.
He was captain in 1887. One source lists Beecher as the player of the year.
- Spalding's Official Base Ball Guide. 1905. p. 67.
- Physical Education. p. 56.
- Bob Barton (August 2008). "Yale's Beecher: A Forgotten Mr Touchdown" (PDF). College Football Historical Society. 21 (4).
- Sally Jenkins. The Real All Americans. p. 106.
- Claire Walter. Winners, the blue ribbon encyclopedia of awards. p. 685.