|Minister of Finance|
Assumed office |
28 February 2013
|Preceded by||Michael Sarris|
9 April 1972|
|Political party||Democratic Rally|
|Alma mater||University of Reading|
Harris Georgiades (Greek: Χάρης Γεωργιάδης; born 9 April 1972) is a Greek Cypriot economist and politician. He was pivotal in the successful implementation of the economic reform plan for Cyprus and its successful conclusion in 2016.
On Cyprus Reunification
In a 2016 interview for the Financial Times, Harris warned that any deal to reunite Cyprus risks failure unless the new federal state envisaged under a peace settlement adopts binding rules on fiscal discipline and financial sector stability.
- EU commissioner lauds Cyprus' commitment to bailout reforms
- Statement by IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde on Cyprus
- Press remarks by Vice President Dombrovskis following his meeting with the Finance Minister of Cyprus, Mr Harris Georgiades
- IMF hails Cyprus decision to cut short bailout program
- Congratulations Cyprus!
- Cyprus lauded on exit from €10bn bailout
- Cyprus ‘on track’ with economic reforms
- Cyprus finance minister warns on fiscal rules for reunited island
|Minister of Finance