Headquarters in Halmstad
|Owner(s)||Mediebolaget Västkusten, MBVK|
|Political alignment||Independent liberal|
|Sister newspapers||Hallands Nyheter|
History and profile
Hallandsposten is part of the Mediebolaget Västkusten, MBVK, which also owns Hallands Nyheter. Hallandsposten was published in broadsheet format until 2007 when it switched to tabloid format. The paper has an independent liberal leaning.
The circulation of Hallandsposten was 32,200 copies in 1996. It was 30,900 copies in 2010. Next year the paper reached 120,000 readers. The paper had a circulation of 29,100 copies in 2012 and 29,000 copies in 2013.
- Western Europe 2003. Psychology Press. 30 November 2002. p. 628. ISBN 978-1-85743-152-0. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "The art of charging for content". adeprimo. 2013. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- Ulrika Andersson (2013). "From Broadsheet to Tabloid: Content changes in Swedish newspapers in the light of a shrunken size". Observatorio (OBS) Journal. 7 (4). Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Hallandsposten". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- Frank Eriksson Barman (2014). "In search of a profitability framework for the local daily newspaper industry. A case study at Göteborgs-Posten" (Report). Gothenburg: Chalmers University of Technology. Retrieved 7 March 2015.