hResume is a microformat for publishing résumé or Curriculum Vitae (CV) information using (X)HTML on web pages. Like many other microformats, hResume uses HTML classes and rel attributes to make an otherwise non-semantic document more meaningful. A document containing resume information could be modified to use hResume without altering the appearance to the browser.
hResume provides for ten main areas of information, each denoted with an appropriately named class, and all of them optional except for contact info.
- contact (uses the hCard microformat)
- achievements related to this work
- performance/skills for performance
- individualization/specialization/career objectives
An example of hResume being implemented is a social networking site LinkedIn, where it is used on public profile pages.
- Microformats: Empowering Your Markup for Web 2.0 (2007) by John Allsopp p. 212
- hResume · Microformats Wiki. Microformats.org. Retrieved on 2014-05-23.
- hResume at the Microformats Wiki
- hResume WordPress Plugin at the hResume Project site
- hResume: on-line cv/résumé builder (supports hResume)