Hélène-Conway Mouret in 2014
September 13, 1960|
Bône, French Algeria
Lumière University Lyon 2|
Trinity College, Dublin
|Political party||Socialist Party|
Hélène Conway-Mouret (born September 13, 1960 in Bône) is a French academic and politician. She serves as a member of the Senate of France, representing the constituency of French citizens living abroad.
Hélène Conway-Mouret was born on September 13, 1960 in Bône, French Algeria. She graduated from the Lumière University Lyon 2, where she received a bachelor of arts degree. She received a Higher Diploma in Education and a Master of Philosophy from Trinity College, Dublin. She also received a degree in Management Practice from the Ulster University.
Conway-Mouret joined the Socialist Party in 1997. She was Minister for French Expatriates in Ayrault Cabinet from June 2012 to March 2014. Additionally, she has served as a member of the Senate of France since September 2011, where she represents French citizens living abroad.
Conway-Mouret has encouraged French students to take part in the Erasmus Programme and live abroad to increase their human capital. She believes that French expatriates reflect well on French diplomacy. Additionally, she has worked on making it easier for French citizens who settle back in France after they have lived abroad for several years to enroll in the French healthcare, retirement and social security systems.
Conway-Mouret supports same-sex marriage. In January 2013, months before it became the law of the land in France via Law 2013-404, she penned an opinion piece in Le Figaro arguing that same-sex marriage had been a success abroad, and that France should look beyond its borders and legalise it.
Conway-Mouret is opposed to the repeal of French citizenship for dual citizens who commit terrorist activities, arguing that it would target dual citizens over regular French citizens. She has penned an opinion piece arguing against the 2016 bill.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hélène Conway-Mouret.|
- "Mme Hélène Conway-Mouret". French Senate. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "Hélène Conway-Mouret: Biographie d'Hélène Conway-Mouret". France Diplomatie. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "MON PARCOURS: BIOGRAPHIE". Hélène Conway-Mouret. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- ""N'ayez pas peur de partir": l'appel de la ministre des Français de l'étranger aux jeunes". Le Figaro. January 17, 2014. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Renault, Marie-Cécile (March 11, 2014). "Les Français de l'étranger, super VRP de la France à l'export". Le Figaro. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Baumard, Maryline (July 21, 2015). "Faciliter les retours de Français de l'étranger plutôt que pleurer les départs". Le Monde. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Conway-Mouret, Hélène (January 28, 2013). "Mariage : "Regardons au-delà de nos frontières"". Le Figaro. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Heyraud, Hervé (February 2, 2016). "Quand la déchéance de nationalité choque les Français de l'étranger". La Tribune. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "Ordonnance souveraine n° 4.576 du 14 novembre 2013 portant nominations ou promotions dans l'Ordre de Saint-Charles". Journal de Monaco: Bulletin officiel de la Principauté. Retrieved February 4, 2016.