Gustavus Hamilton (politician)
Gustavus Hamilton (c. 1685 – 26 February 1735), styled The Honourable from 1715, was an Irish politician.
He was the second son of Gustavus Hamilton, 1st Viscount Boyne and his wife Elizabeth Brooke, daughter of Sir Henry Brooke. His younger brother was Henry Hamilton. In 1716, he entered the Irish House of Commons for Donegal County, the same constituency his father and his older brother Frederick had represented before. Hamilton sat as Member of Parliament until his death in 1735.
In January 1717, he married Hon. Dorothea Bellew, only daughter of Richard Bellew, 3rd Baron Bellew of Duleek. They had five daughters and two sons. Both sons Frederick and Richard succeeded successively as Viscount Boyne.
- "Leigh Rayment - Irish House of Commons 1692-1800". Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "ThePeerage - Hon. Gustavus Hamilton". Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- Burke, John (1832). A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire. vol. I (4th ed.). London: Henry Colburn and Richard Bentley. p. 136.
- Debrett, John (1824). Debrett's Baronetage of England. vol. II (5th ed.). London: G. Woodfall. p. 765.
- Lodge, John (1789). Mervyn Archdall, ed. The Peerage of Ireland or A Genealogical History of the Present Nobility of that Kingdom. vol. V. Dublin: James Moore. pp. 179–180.
|Parliament of Ireland|
Hon. Frederick Hamilton
Sir Ralph Gore, 4th Bt
|Member of Parliament for Donegal County
With: Sir Ralph Gore, 4th Bt 1716–1727
Alexander Montgomery 1727–1730
Hon. Henry Hamilton 1730–1735
| Succeeded by|
Hon. Henry Hamilton