Guitier, Count of Rethel
Guitier (Ithier) of Rethel, son of Odo of Vitry and Matilda, Countess of Rethel, (sister to Baldwin II, King of Jerusalem). Count of Rethel, succeeding his mother. [His father is named as count but it is not clear that he ever served.] Châtelain de Vitry. In March 1129, Guitier travelled to the Holy Land although it is not clear if he participated in the Crusade of that year.
- Beatrix de Rethel (1130-30 March 1185), married Roger II, King of Sicily
- Jean de Rethel (d. after 1144)
- Manasses de Rethel (d. after 1144)
- Hugues de Rethel (d. after 1166), monk at Reims
- Manasses IV, Count of Rethel
- Henri de Rethel (d. 1191), Châtelain de Vitry
- Baudouin de Rethel (d. 1198 or after), Seigneur de Chemery
- Albert de Rethel (d. 1213 or after), Archdeacon at Liège
- Simon de Rethel
- Clemence de Rethel (d. after 1190), married Hugh of Pierrepont, Bishop of Liège
- Unnamed daughter, married Geoffroy, Vidame de Châlons.
Upon his death, he was succeeded as Count of Rethel by his son Manasses.
Riley-Smith, Johathan, The First Crusaders, 1095-1131, Cambridge University Press, London, 1997