Gregor Duncan (bishop)
|The Right Reverend|
|Bishop of Glasgow and Galloway|
Duncan preaching in St Mary's Episcopal Cathedral, Glasgow in 2012
|Church||Scottish Episcopal Church|
|Elected||16 January 2010|
|Born||11 October 1950|
University of Glasgow |
Clare College, Cambridge
He was born on 11 October 1950. He was educated at Allan Glen's School, then an all-boys selective school in Glasgow. He went on to study at the University of Glasgow and Clare College, Cambridge. He studied for the priesthood at Ripon College Cuddesdon.
He was ordained in 1984 and began his career as an Assistant Curate at Oakham. After this he was Chaplain of Edinburgh Theological College followed by a spells as Rector of St Columba’s, Largs, and then St Ninian's, Pollokshields in Glasgow. He was Dean of Glasgow and Galloway until his appointment to the episcopate in 2010.
- "GLASGOW AND GALLOWAY, Bishop of', Who's Who 2011, A & C Black, 2011; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2010 ; online edn, Oct 2010". Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Debrett's - The Most Rev the Bishop of Glasgow and Galloway". Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Crockford's (100th edition)
- Bertie (2000)
- "New Bishop of Glasgow & Galloway to be consecrated in Cathedral ceremony". Scottish Episcopal Church. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- "The Very Rev Dr Gregor Duncan elected as Bishop". News. The Diocese of Glasgow & Galloway. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Consecration of New Bishop". Featured Article. St Mary's Cathedral, Glasgow. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- Bertie, David M. (2000). Scottish Episcopal Clergy, 1689-2000. Edinburgh: T & T Clark. ISBN 0-5670-8746-8. OCLC 468720326.
- Church of England. Archbishops Council (2007). Crockford's clerical directory : a directory of the clergy of the Church of England, the Church in Wales, the Scottish Episcopal Church, the Church of Ireland. 2008/2009 (100 ed.). Church House Publishing. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0. OCLC 505322212.
|Scottish Episcopal Church titles|
|Dean of Glasgow and Galloway
| Succeeded by|
|Bishop of Glasgow and Galloway