Greetings and Kisses, Veronika
|Greetings and Kisses, Veronika|
|Directed by||Carl Boese|
|Produced by||Viktor Klein|
|Written by||Kurt Schwabach|
Franciska Gaal |
|Music by||Franz Waxman|
|Edited by||Else Baum|
|29 August 1933|
Greetings and Kisses, Veronika (German:Gruß und Kuß - Veronika) is a 1933 German comedy film directed by Carl Boese and starring Franciska Gaal, Paul Hörbiger and Otto Wallburg. The film's art direction was by Kurt Dürnhöfer and Max Heilbronner. The film's popularity made Gaal an international star. However the rise of the Nazi Party to power meant that the Jewish Gaal had to make her next films in Hungary and Austria.
- Franciska Gaal as Veronika
- Paul Hörbiger as Paul Rainer
- Otto Wallburg as Max Becker, ein Geschäftsfreund
- Hilde Hildebrand as Klara Becker, seine Frau
- Margarete Kupfer as Agathe Bolte, Veronikas Zimmerfrau
- Kurt Lilien as Emil, Paul Rainers Diener
- Olga Engl as Frau Zschoch, Blumengeschäft-Inhaberin
- Ehmi Bessel as Anita
- Erika Glässner as Frau Scharmeister
- Arthur Bergen as Sanitätsrat Scharmeister
- Mária Szepes
- Bock, Hans-Michael & Bergfelder, Tim. The Concise CineGraph. Encyclopedia of German Cinema. Berghahn Books, 2009.
& Neumeyer, & Platte, Nathan. Franz Waxman's Rebecca: A Film Score Guide. Scarecrow Press, 2011.