|City & Municipality|
|Coordinates: 40°39′11″N 47°44′26″E / 40.65306°N 47.74056°E|
|Elevation||115 m (377 ft)|
|Time zone||AZT (UTC+4)|
|• Summer (DST)||AZT (UTC+5)|
|Area code(s)||+994 167|
Goychay (also, Göyçay, Gekchai, Geokchai, Geokchay, Geoktschai, Geokčaj, Geychay, and Göychay) is a city and municipality in and the capital of the Goychay Rayon of Azerbaijan. The municipality includes the city of Goychay and the nearby village of Qızılqaya.
Concerted settlement dates back to the late 1850s following the devastating 1859 earthquake in Shemakha, though the town was only officially incorporated as such in 1916.
- Enver Mammadkhanli — writer, Honored Art Worker of Azerbaijan SSR.
- Mirza Khazar — prominent radio journalist, essayist, translator of the Bible in Azeri language.
- Rasul Rza — writer, People's Poet of Azerbaijan (1960).
- Sadykh bey Aghabekov — general in the Russian Imperial Army, founder and reformer of Azerbaijani Police, Major General, Orientalist.
Twin towns — Sister cities
Tovuz is twinned with various cities.
- World Gazetteer: Azerbaijan – World-Gazetteer.com
- "Belediyye Informasiya Sistemi" (in Azerbaijani). Archived from the original on September 24, 2008.
- "Мамедханлы Энвер Гафар оглы". Great Soviet Encyclopedia.
- "Расул Рза". Great Soviet Encyclopedia.
- "Azerbaijan`s Goychay, Italy` Valmontone become sister cities". sia.az. Retrieved 18 November 2014.