Gonçalo Ribeiro Telles
|Gonçalo Ribeiro Telles|
GCC OSE GCL
Gonçalo Ribeiro Telles in 2011
|Minister for Quality of Life|
4 September 1981 – 9 June 1983
|President||António Ramalho Eanes|
|Prime Minister||Francisco Pinto Balsemão|
Gonçalo Pereira Ribeiro Telles|
24 May 1922
|Political party||Earth Party|
|People's Monarchist Party (1974 -1994 )|
|Occupation||Politician and landscape architect|
He was a founder of the People's Monarchist Party in 1974, and led it until 1994, when he left the party. He later founded the ecologist movement Movimento Partido da Terra, now called MPT - Partido da Terra.
He was also Minister for Quality of Life in the Democratic Alliance governments, and one of the first Portuguese politicians to call attention to ecological problems, having an influence far beyond the tiny size of the parties he led.
- biographical profile of Ribeiro Telles on monarchist website Realistas (Royalists) (Portuguese).
- Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of documentary on Ribeiro Telles life and philosophy, directed in 2008 by Rita Saldanha (Portuguese).
- Lisboa em Causa-verdade e transparência 2 on YouTube, a video of a discussion on landscaping in Lisbon on RTPN where Gonçalo Ribeiro Telles intervenes from 2:08 to 9:58 (Portuguese).
- Ambiente e Desenvolvimento Económico? on YouTube, debate on environment and economical development with Ribeiro Telles' participation (Portuguese).
- Apresentação da candidatura de José Sá Fernandes on YouTube. Gonçalo Ribeiro Telles describes why we supported José Sá Fernandes from 1:02 to 2:10 (Portuguese).