Golczowice, Prudnik County
|Coordinates: 50°23′45″N 17°47′47″E / 50.39583°N 17.79639°E|
Golczowice [ɡɔlt͡ʂɔˈvit͡sɛ], German Golschowitz is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Głogówek (Gemeinde Oberglogau), within Prudnik County, Opole Voivodeship, in south-western Poland, close to the Czech border. It lies approximately 8 kilometres (5 mi) north-west of Głogówek (Oberglogau), 18 km (11 mi) north-east of Prudnik, and 32 km (20 mi) south of the regional capital Opole.
Before 1945 the area was part of Germany (see Territorial changes of Poland after World War II). Since 2009 the village, like much of the surrounding area, has been officially bilingual in German and Polish.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Golczowice.|