It was built by the Ottomans in the 16th century. It is the only fully preserved bridge from the Ottoman period which still spans the Miljacka River. The bridge, which is made primarily of white hreša (marble), is a harmonious structure with one main arch and two round openings which help support the weight. This stone material is also used to build Bijela Tabija fortress and Visegrad Gate of the nearby Vratnik fortified town.
The oldest written record of this bridge was made by Mula Mustafa Bašeškija, who noted in 1771 that a stone wall was built from Kozija Čuprija all the way to Alifakovac.
Between Bentbaša and Kozija Ćuprija, there is a place called Dariva. The main attraction is its walkway that stretches for 8 km along what was once the rugged Miljacka Canyon.