Gerold of Vinzgau
Gerold of Vinzgau (also Vintzgouw or Anglachgau; d. 795) was a count in Kraichgau and Anglachgau. His daughter married King Charlemagne in 771. In 784 generous donations to the monastery of Lorsch by Gerold and Emma are recorded.
Marriage and issue
- Hildegard, born in 758, married King Charlemagne in 771.
- probably Adrian, Count of Orléans, father of Odo I, Count of Orléans
- Eric of Friuli (?), not listed on the site of the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy
Through Udalrich, Gerold is reckoned as the founder of the family of the Udalrichings.
- Cawley, Charles, Gerold, Medieval Lands database, Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, , Charles Cawley's "Medieval Lands", hosted at the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy
- Gerold, genealogie-mittelalter.de