|Coordinates: 51°52′37″N 5°58′21″E / 51.87694°N 5.97250°ECoordinates: 51°52′37″N 5°58′21″E / 51.87694°N 5.97250°E|
|• Total||12.64 km2 (4.88 sq mi)|
Gendt is a city in Gelderland in the municipality of Lingewaard. It was previously a municipality of its own, but in 2001 it merged with Huissen and Bemmel to form the new municipality Lingewaard. The city is located on the river Waal, about 5 km northeast of the city of Nijmegen. It received city rights in 1233. It has a population of 7.253 (as of 1 January 2010).
Stijn Schaars, Dutch soccer player (11 caps), was born in Gendt.
- Town hall
- One of two lions weapon for town hall
- Primary school de Tichelaar
- Primary school De Vonkenmorgen
- War Memorial
- RK church St. Martinus
- Sculpture De Vlam
- Sculpture De Draagster van Morgen
- Sculpture De Gans
- Sculpture Twee Paarden
- Sculpture Zo men de sprauwen jaagt, blijven de kersen
- Poelwijklaan 5
- Kalkar (Germany)
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Gent". Map of the former municipality, abt. 1868.
- Website Gendt