|Launched||April 2, 1979|
|Owned by||Univision Communications|
|DirecTV (US)||404 (SD/HD)|
|Dish Network (US)||273 (SD/HD) and 833 (SD/HD)|
|Available on select cable systems||Check local listings|
|Sling TV||Internet Protocol television|
Galavisión (Spanish pronunciation: [ɡalaβiˈsjon]) is a Miami, Florida, United States-based, Spanish-language cable network owned by Univision Communications, Inc. The network is unrelated to the earlier Mexican channel of the same name, though both broadcast Televisa-produced programming.
Galavisión started on April 2, 1979, as a premium cable network, broadcasting a mix of classic and recent Mexican and other Spanish-language films as well as Spanish-dubbed recent Hollywood productions.
By 1984, the network became a general entertainment basic cable channel, offering a combination of Televisa programming and SIN reruns.
In the mid 1990s, Galavisión was led by Javier Saralegui and aired a mix of Spanish- and English-language programs like Kiki desde Hollywood or Funny is Funny. They also incorporated Miami-produced variety entertainment show A Oscuras Pero Encendidos, hosted by Paul Bouche. It complemented this strategy with Televisa-produced programs that first aired on Univision, with entertainment and some news programs from Televisa's all-news network ECO, including an Entertainment Tonight-style program anchored by Pita Ojeda and Ilia Calderón.
Since the year 2000, Galavisión aired a combination of classic comedy, telenovelas, and late night shows from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s that aired originally on Univision, with more present-day offerings from news, sports and specials originating from Televisa's three networks, Canal de las Estrellas, FOROtv, and Gala TV as well as two shows produced by Televisa's music network, TeleHit.
On its most recent programming strategy, Galavisión expanded original productions with shows like Acceso máximo, En casa con Lucy, Delicioso (hosted by Ingrid Hoffmann), Vida total, Decorando contigo, Un destino, Lo mejor de boxeo en esta esquina, the best of sister network Telefutura's Solo boxeo series.
The Televisa produced programming is also crafted to fit strict broadcast standards.
Sports and news programming
Galavisión's coverage of soccer, produced by Televisa, is done with a secondary or "clean" feed in which any references to Televisa are not shown and Galavisión supplants the feed with Univision's announcers and graphics. In the early days, Galavisión would use the whole Televisa feed while covering any Televisa promotions or sponsor tags with a green generic Galavisión border logo.
As for news programming, Galavisión, while owned by Univision Networks, has no news operations and instead airs newscasts from Televisa's networks Canal de las Estrellas, FOROtv, and Gala TV.
Because most of Mexico does not observe daylight saving time the same day as the United States, the morning programs Primero Noticias is aired on an hour delay on Galavisión.
|Atrévete a Soñar||June 20, 2016 - present|
|Un Gancho al Corazón||July 18, 2016 - present|
|La fuerza del destino||September 19, 2016 - present|
|La que no podía amar||November 7, 2016 - present|
|Cuento de Navidad||November 28, 2016 - present|
|Rayito de luz||November 28, 2016 - present|
|La rosa de Guadalupe|
|Como dice el dicho|
|Funnymals||June 20, 2016 - present|
|Los Cowboys||September 21, 2016 - present|
|Parodianod Noches de Traje|
|Esta noche con Arath||August 30, 2016 - present|
|Cuentamelo Ya||September 19, 2016 - present|
|La Apuesta||October 13, 2016 - present|
|El Chavo||2000–2009, first-run; October 25, 2010 – October 2, 2014, November 28, 2014 – present|
|La familia P. Luche|
|María de todos los Ángeles|
|Que Madre Tan Padre|
|Una familia de diez|
|Hotel todo incluido||February 3, 2015 - present|
|La Hora Pico|
|Enchufe TV||September 5, 2016 - present|
News and talk shows
|Las Noticias con Danielle Dithurbide||August 22, 2016 - present|
|Despierta con Carlos Loret de Mola||August 22, 2016 - present|
|Al aire con Paola Rojas||August 22, 2016 - present|
|Diez en punto con Denise Maerker||August 22, 2016 - present|
|Lo mejor de Aqui y Ahora|
|Tras la verdad|
|Cronicas de Sabado|
|Fanaticos del Frio|
- El Chapulín Colorado
- Guereja de mi vida
- Hospital el Paisa
- Los Super Perez
- Casate Conmigo mi Amor
- Amy, la niña de la mochila azul (May 11, 2015 - October 16, 2015)
- Carita de Ángel (May 18, 2015 - December 9, 2015)
- Cómplices Al Rescate (January 4, 2016 - June 8, 2016)
- Cuando me enamoro (November 30, 2015 - May 27, 2016)
- Cuento de Navidad (December 10, 2015 - December 30, 2015)
- Llena de amor (October 19, 2015 - July 15, 2016)
- Marimar (June 1, 2015 - September 15, 2015)
- Misión S.O.S (May 30, 2016 – October 7, 2016)
- Navidad sin fin (December 21, 2015 - January 1, 2015)
- Rayito de luz (December 8, 2015 - December 31, 2015)
- Sortilegio (November 24, 2014 - February 20, 2015)
- ¡Vivan los niños! (May 2, 2016 - September 15, 2016)
- Pa'La Banda Night Show
News and talk shows
- Mas Alla de la Fama
- Primero Noticias (April 29, 2002 - August 19, 2016)
- Noticiero con Joaquin Lopez Doriga (April 29, 2002 - August 19, 2016)
- 123 x Mexico (April 9, 2016 - May 21, 2016)
- Recuerda y Gana (April 9, 2016 - June 2016)
Galavisión, along with its sister channels, Univision, UniMás, Univision Deportes Network and Univision tlnovelas were dropped by AT&T U-verse on March 4, 2016, due to a carriage dispute. This did not affected DirecTV Customers (although it is a Subsidiary of U-Verse's parent company, AT&T) as this was done in a different contract before AT&T acquired DirecTV. All of Univision's networks, including Galavisión, were returned to the U-verse lineup on March 24, 2016 after finalizing a carriage deal.
- Seidman, Robert (February 22, 2015). "List of how many homes each cable network is in as of February 2015". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved March 14, 2015.
- Galavision HD Set For June Launch Multichannel News May 10, 2010
- Lieberman, David (March 4, 2016). "Univision Charges AT&T With "Redlining" As Programming Goes Dark On U-verse". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
- Littleton, Cynthia (March 4, 2016). "Univision Blasts 'Discriminatory Behavior' as Stations Go Dark on AT&T's U-verse". Variety. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
- Szalai, Georg (March 4, 2016). "Univision Goes Dark on AT&T U-verse, Accuses Telecom of "Discriminatory Behavior"". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
- Ramos, John (March 5, 2016). "AT&T, Univision Communications fail to reach U-Verse distribution deal". Hints News Network. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- Eggerton, John (March 24, 2016). "All Univision Content Restored to U-Verse, For Now". MultiChannel News. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- Eggerton, John (March 24, 2016). "All Univision Content Restored to U-Verse, For Now". Broadcating & Cable. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- Villarreal, Yvonne (March 24, 2016). "Univision restores Unimas and Galavision to AT&T's U-verse as negotiations continue". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- Lieberman, David (March 24, 2016). "Univision Networks Return To AT&T's U-Verse While They "Finalize" Carriage Deal". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 24, 2016.