|Region||Dirashe special woreda, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People's Region|
|69,000 (2007 census)|
Gawwada (also known as Gauwada, Gawata, Kawwad'a, Kawwada) is an Afro-Asiatic language spoken in southern Ethiopia. Varieties include Dihina, Gergere, Gollango (= Gaba?), Gorose, Harso; Blench (2006) considers these to be distinct languages.
- Gawwada at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin; Bank, Sebastian, eds. (2016). "Gawwada". Glottolog 2.7. Jena: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Blench, 2006. The Afro-Asiatic Languages: Classification and Reference List (ms)
- World Atlas of Language Structures information on Dullay (Gollango)
- Gawwada language topical vocabulary list (from the World Loanword Database)