G. Govindarajulu Naidu
G. Govindarajulu Naidu (Tamil: ஜி. கோவிந்தராஜுலு நாயுடு) was an acclaimed music director in the olden days of the south Indian film industry. He is senior to the other great music directors such as G. Ramanathan, S. V. Venkatraman and S. M. Subbaiah Naidu. He composed music for Tamil and Telugu movies.
His family stayed in Thiruchi. This is where M. K. Thyagaraja Bhagavathar (MKT) used to sing in their house and G. Govindarajulu Naidu introduced MKT to his children. G. Govindarajulu is a harmonium player in special dramas, but was also known as the one who taught music for K. B. Sundarambal. He also sold musical instruments and gramophone in Thiruchi, but the business was not doing very well.In 1940, G. Govindarajulu Naidu took his family to Madras to look for greener pasture there.His grand children live in Dubai
Few may be the films that came his way in a career spanning 3 decades, G. Govindarajulu Naidu but has left a lingering impact in his creations especially movies like Andhaman Kaidhi, Manidhanum Mirugamum, Maya Manithan, Baghdad Thirudan and Raja Bakthi.
He worked with singers like Thiruchi Loganathan, M. L. Vasanthakumari, C. S. Jayaraman, R. Balasaraswathi Devi, P. Leela, Jikki, T. V. Rathinam, A. P. Komala, N. L. Ganasaraswathi, A. M. Rajah, Ghantasala, T. M. Soundararajan, Seerkazhi Govindarajan, Radha Jayalakshmi, K. Jamuna Rani, P. Susheela.
Some compositions of G. Govindarajulu Naidu:
- kaaNi nilam vENdum from Andhaman Kaidhi by C. S. Jayaraman & M. L. Vasanthakumari
- vaazhvin jeevan kaadhalE from Andhaman Kaidhi by Ghantasala / P. Leela
- anju rooba nOttai from Andhaman Kaidhi by T. V. Rathinam
- paarmuzhuthum irul parappum from Raja Bakthi by R. Balasaraswathi Devi
- inba kuyil kuralinimai from Manidhanum Mirugamum by A. M. Rajah & M. L. Vasanthakumari
- imayamalai chaaralilE from Manidhanum Mirugamum by M. L. Vasanthakumari
- kaalamenum siRpi seiyyum from Manidhanum Mirugamum by C. S. Jayaraman
- manadhil urudhi vENdum from Kalvanin Kadhali by T. M. Soundararajan & P. Bhanumathi
- kanna kanna vaaraai from Maya Manidhan by Jikki
- sokkudhE manam suththudhE jagam from Baghdad Thirudan by P. Suseela
- "ennai konjam paaru" from Raja Bakthi by P. Suseela
Music direction in Tamil Movies.
|1938||Sri Kandha Leela||Tamil||Arshadrai Mehta||Premier Cinetone|
|1941||Venuganam||Tamil||Murugadasa (Muthuswami Iyer)||Jewel Pictures|
|1949||Nam Naadu||Tamil||V. Shantaram||Rajkamal Kalamandir|
|1950||Chandrika||Malayalam||V. S. Raghavan||Sree Krishna Productions||V. Dakshinamoorthy|
|1950||Chandrika||Tamil||V. S. Raghavan||Sree Krishna Productions||V. Dakshinamoorthy|
|1952||Andhaman Kaidhi||Tamil||V. Krishnan||Radhakrishna Films|
|1953||Manidhanum Mirugamum||Tamil||K. Vembu & S. D. Sundaram||Revathi Productions|
|1954||Vedan Kannappa||Tamil||H. L. N. Simha||AVM Productions & The Karnataka Films Ltd.|
|1955||Kalvanin Kadhali||Tamil||V. S. Raghavan||Revathi Productions||Ghantasala|
|1955||Santhasakku||Kannada||Krishnan-Panju||Sri Panduranga Productions|
|1958||Maya Manidhan||Tamil||T. P. Sundharam||Southern Movies|
|1959||Patharai Mathu Thangam||Tamil||K. S. Mani||Manivel Pictures|
|1960||Baghdad Thirudan||Tamil||T. R. Sundaram||Modern Theatres|
|1960||Raja Bakthi||Tamil||K. Vembu||Nandhi Pictures|