Fuschl am See
|Fuschl am See|
Fuschl am See
Location within Austria
|Coordinates: 47°47′46″N 13°18′10″E / 47.79611°N 13.30278°ECoordinates: 47°47′46″N 13°18′10″E / 47.79611°N 13.30278°E|
|• Mayor||Franz Josef Vogl (ÖVP)|
|• Total||21.4 km2 (8.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||669 m (2,195 ft)|
|Population (1 January 2016)|
|• Density||71/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Fuschl am See is an Austrian municipality in the district of Salzburg-Umgebung, in the state of Salzburg. It is located at the east end of the Fuschlsee, between the city of Salzburg and Bad Ischl. The community has 1,406 inhabitants.
- First historical mention of the area
- Fuschl am See first recorded as "Fuschilsee"
- Construction of the Wartenfels castle
- Founding of the village Fuschl
- Construction of the "Kreuzsäule in der Lacken"
- First street to Hof built on the south side of the lake
- Fuschl castle first mentioned
- "Taferne zu Brunn" pub first mentioned
- German and Italian Foreign Affairs Ministers Joachim von Ribbentrop and Galeazzo Ciano meet to discuss ending the fighting in France
Red Bull has its headquarters in Fuschl.
Notes and references
- Statistik Austria - Bevölkerung zu Jahresbeginn 2002-2016 nach Gemeinden (Gebietsstand 2016-01-01), 2016-01-01.
- Spurgeon, Brad (2005-06-17). "Motor Racing: Formula One shows off a fast, young American". International Herald Tribune. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- Fantel, Hans (1993-03-14). "A Back-Road Drive to Vienna". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fuschl am See.|
- (German) Fuschl am See official site